Bread – we love it but it’s usually filled with bad carbs that spike our blood sugar and cause our insulin to rise. Not really a good thing. That is why I was excited to find this low carb bagel recipe along with some of the other low carb bread recipes I’ve been trying. Because who doesn’t love bread and butter, toasted bread with cheese melted on it, or avocado toast?!!
This recipe is supposed to make 6 bagels, BUT I can only get 4 out of it. If I made six I wouldn’t be able to cut them in half and they would just be too tiny.
Low Carb Bagels
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup (30g) golden flax seeds (not ground)
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup (16g) sifted coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon poppy seeds
- ¼ teaspoon dried onion, or onion powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, divided
Wishing you HEALTH and HAPPINESS!